The best thing about food events is that you get to try so many different types of food all in one place, as well as samples and try things that you wouldn’t normally choose. A lot of people don’t know about all the great food events coming up in Teesside, to make things easier I’ve compiled a list of food markets and events taking place over the next few months. Best of all, they are all free to attend – get ready for food overload and gaining a few pounds over the Summer!
Orange Pip Market – Saturday 28th April
Orange Pip Market returns on Saturday 28th April, if you’ve never been before it’s a great day out either with your friends or family to try local food, hear great music and get involved in activities. Middlesbrough’s Bedford and Baker Street get transformed into an all eating, singing and dancing zone. The best bit for me is obviously the food, it’s full of street food from all corners of the globe and it’s a great way to try local businesses too. Orange Pip Market is held on the last Saturday of the month throughout the Spring and Summer period!
Middlesbrough Restaurant Week 2018
Restaurant week kicks off on Monday May 7th and runs until Sunday May 13th. The week is full of celebrating Middlesbrough’s food scene, throughout the week a range of restaurants will be including offers within their menus or discounts.
- Turtle Bay – 3 courses for £15 off the Restaurant Week set menu
- Al Forno – Half parmo: £5.95 (available Monday- Saturday until 5pm)
Free dessert when ordering two courses from the A La Carte menu (available all day)
- Bistrot Pierre – 2 course lunch: £10 per person (quote ‘Restaurant Week £10’ to claim this offer)
Please note that this offer can only be redeemed in Middlesbrough from 12 noon until 5pm daily, up to a maximum of 4 people per booking.
- Elianos – 2 courses: £12.95 per person, this offer includes the new Sunday lunch serving Sunday Roast and some tasty Italian favourites
- Mannequin Café – Polish specials: £5.50 per person, meat, vegetarian and vegan options available.
Includes Pierogi, Stuffed Cabbage Rolls served with tomato sauce, Savoury Pancakes and Beetroot Soup, Pork Goulash with Silesian Dumplings and Gherkins
- Umi – 15% off your food bill
- Great Greek – 20% off your food bill (Monday- Saturday), 30% off your food bill (Sunday), please note this is only applicable when ordering from the main menu.
- Baker Street Kitchen – 20% off the food from the Specials Menu
- The Oven – Buy one get one free Parmos from “Around the World” Parmo menu (excludes Sundays)
- Nando’s – 20% off the menu for eat-in customers only (ask for The Restaurant Week Nando’s Discount to claim)
- Lane7 – A selected drink and a game of bowling: £10 per person (available Monday-Thursday – please note that booking is advisable)
- Peri Peri – Buy a meal downstairs and receive a dessert from the upstairs lounge “Sweet Treats” for half price.
- Fellinis – 20% off sustainable seafood specials from the blackboard
- Waterside Brasserie – Lunch: choose three courses and pay the price of two courses – £8.75
Dinner: three course meal for two guests – £25
- Dickens Inn – Free dessert with a main meal
Northern Dales Farmers Market
Throughout Spring to late Autumn, the Northern Dales Farmers’ Market pops up all around Teesside giving you the chance to meet and try more than 70 local producers. The monthly market can be found at Preston Park, Stewart Park, Wynyard Hall and many more!
- Wynyard Hall, 15th April, 20th May, 17th June, 19th August
- King’s Academy Spring Festival & Craft Fayre at Coulby Newham on Saturday, March 24
- Folk and Farmers Market at Preston Park on Sunday, April 8
- Middlesbrough Food Festival at Stewart Park, Sunday May 27
- Harvest Festival at Stewart Park, Middlesbrough, Sunday, September 30
Full of Life Fair – Sunday 1st July
The Full of Life Fair is a new event presented by Age UK Teesside in Redcar! With live music, funfair attractions, a world record breaking Samba attempt and a Mad Hatter’s Chocolate Walk as well as lots of food and drinks vendors. It looks like a fab day out for the whole family, and plus if you were a fan of X-Factor’s Chico he’s going to lead the Samba.
Here’s a few vendors that will be there…
- Artisan Ways
- Pie Jackers
- Velveteen Rabbit Luncheon Club
- Big D’s BBQ Ltd
- Liquid Liberation
- The Pizza Van
- Wicksy’s Sweet Retreat
- The Busy Whisk
- Moka Coffee Bar
- The Plant Preservation Society
Saltburn Food Festival – Sunday 29th July
Held for the first-time last year, the festival has returned for the second time on the 29th July. Last year’s festival had over 100 stalls from food vendors across the North East and North Yorkshire and it was a huge success! The creators of the festival also run Saltburn’s monthly Farmer’s Market and “love bringing good local food right into the heart of the town”. The day looks jam packed with live cookery shows, the biggest list of vendors I’ve ever seen from hot spicy street food, cakes, veggie, vegan, sausages to cheese as well as gins, rums the list is endless!! To make access easier there is a range of transport options available including buses, park and ride options as well as express buses direct from Middlesbrough train station to Saltburn – see more here. I’m looking forward to this one, it’s not one to miss!
It looks like my weekends are going to be full of eating, but that’s nothing new! If there are any other events happening please let me know.